INSA Lyon organises the engineering training over 5 years.
- 2 years of general scientific training of excellence (1st cycle) ;
- 3 years of specialisation in one of the 12 fields (2nd cycle).
1st cycle for top-level athletes
- Teaching is organised over 3 years instead of 2.
- The week starts on Monday afternoon and ends on Friday at noon.
- There are no classes on Thursday afternoons (reserved for university sports).
- Classes end as early as possible in the afternoon to leave time for training.
- High level sports students are gathered in an independent group whatever the type of course (lecture, tutorial or practical).
- Arrangements can be made for very special cases (Olympic preparation, specificity of the sports discipline).
2nd cycle for top-level athletes
- There is no longer a specific group.
- The schedule is personalised according to the sports constraints.
- The schedule provides for the 3rd and 4th year to be done over three years instead of two.
- The management of the 5th year is handled according to the evolution of the sports project and the career project.
- Postponement and anticipation of exams if necessary and according to the sports constraints.
- Tutoring courses
- Scientific tutoring
- Personalised language teaching for top-level students.